Princess asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why is Trump trying so hard to get a COVID vaccine? Republicans don't take vaccines, right?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Old talking point and yes, it was the religious right that used to be the standouts in this area. In the late 80's, early 90's, the left took over the anti vaccination line, much like they did with homeschooling.  Those that don't seem to understand that, prove they don't know nor understand the histories, haven't bothered to educate themselves on either movement.

• Shilo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Regardless of what Republicans do or don't do regarding vaccines, Trump is desperate to take credit for a "win" - any way he can. 

• 2 months ago

Anti-vaxxers are a very small fraction of the population. There are way too many Republicans for them to all be anti-vaxxers. Numbers don't work out. Also, some democrats and plenty of independents are anti-vax. Republicans just believe that they shouldn't be mandatory (I think they should be). Most republicans still get them.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

mRNA vaccines have never been used before, but if you want to inject a vaccine which doesn't do what usual vaccines does, and instead changes your DNA go ahead. But this type of vaccine is not the type of vaccines which have been used for decades. 

And Moderna (the leading company) skipped the animal testing phase which is highly unusual. It's your choice. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Where did you come up with the idea that Republicans don't take vaccines. That is just about as far from the truth as it gets. People make the decision to be vaccinated on an individual basis regardless of their political leanings. 

As for the vaccine, Trump would benefit greatly if there were a vaccine right now. It would get things back to near normal very quickly and make his political campaign much better.

• a2yar
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is no vaccine for stupidity

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I will let you go first.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

LOL..   many don't, that's true. 

But I hope they don't convince Trump to slow down the vaccine testing

Edit:  I see Justin doesn't have you blocked.  I'm not so lucky. 

• 2 months ago

What are you, like 8?

• 2 months ago

JESUS ​​LOVES YOU!

JESUS ​​DIED TO SAVE YOU!

JESUS SAVES, HEALS AND FREES!

JESUS ​​IS COMING BACK!

The hour has come and the kingdom of God is near; repent and believe in the gospel.

Follow peace with all, and sanctification, without which no one will see the Lord.

Accept Jesus, obey the bible and you will be saved.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.