yang asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Did you lose weight? how did you do it?

how did you do it?

• Rick

since my last stroke I don't get hungry at all ....................

Cut out a lot of calories from my diet.

Easy. All i did was eat healthy foods that I like. If you don't like it and you had the option you wouldn't consistently eat healthy. Secondly, I jogged a lot. I came up from 205 lbs all the way to 285 lbs. Then, I lost 49 lbs in like 3 months. I then, gained weight again because people around me are really toxic when it comes to weight loss and general fitness and health. I ended up 275 lbs before I decided enough was enough, so I lost 33 lbs so now I'm at 242. That took me 2 months to lose... I'm basically on this journey by myself, no support in fact I have the opposite of support, and I'm taking medicine that causes appetite to increase and I'm still losing weight. 

ULTIMATELY, the environment has the most say in how a person eats (frequency, types of foods etc). I'll explain. If one's fridge was full of ice cream and other bad foods they would eat the bad foods. Especially, if the bad foods are easy to make. So, get rid of all the bad food and replace it with healthy food. Whoop! Problem solved. Lmbo until someone in the house decides to ruin your diet by ordering pizza and then convinces you that you're a bad person for not wanting to eat the pizza! But, I digress. 

By the way, if you saw me two years ago, you would have thought that I was the real life Captain America or something. I swear, it was as if I was a genetically modified super human. 205 lbs 6.7% body fat, 455 lbs bench, 585 squat, 365 clean and jerk, (i don't deadlift), and i could rep one arm pull ups with 35 lb weights. And i ran 5 miles in 30 minutes.

Eat less and exercise more. More so on switching eating habits to a healthier lifestyle.

• Helen

I lost 3 stone. There were many setbacks and progress didn't happen in a straight line.

I joined Slimming World and started walking daily. I was already exercising prior, but it wasn't regularly enough and I had a habit of overeating.I made a few small chances first (switching from full fat mayo to light mayo, swapping oil for low calorie spray).

• cut off my toes

Best supplements for losing weight. https://www.muscleandstrength.in/

The Ketogenic Diet five years ago. I lost the weight during the first year.  I have eaten the Keto way ever since.  Yummy food

yes  in 2019  i reduced my body weight by 32 lbs

certain  chemo therapy  causes food to  taste metallic and reduces appetite.

a year later did not gain back any of that body weight

some alteration in food choices and amount  

• .

I changed my diet (what I ate and how much) and I worked out on a regular basis.