Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 2 months ago

Are doctors usually allowed to have piercings?

For college I was wanting to major in being medical assistant. However I have 24 ear piercings and a belly button piercing. And I’m still young and was planning on getting more piercings. And maybe even a tattoo. But then I started wondering if I’d have to take them all out.

As long as the body piercings do not show, you'll be fine.  You can, however, you may be able wear 3 small earrings on each ear. Also, the Medical Board has to approve your piercings,to make sure they are within the personal dress code.  My personal belief..PIERCINGS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR INTELLIGENCE OR  YOUR ABILITY TO BECOME A MEDICAL ASSISTANT.   YOUR INTELLIGENCE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!  GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

ear piercings and belly button piercings should be totally fine, I've seen nurses with nose rings too, but the dress code depends from place to place. as long as it isn't anything crazy that could be visibly off-putting to a patient, you will be totally fine :)

• Laura

Most places have a dress code.  We don't know who you want to work with and we aren't your manager, so we don't know what that dress code is.  

Most places want you to look more conservative, because that is considered more professional.  That means no visible tattoos and fewer piercings.  

• John P

Depends on the rules and general assumptions in the country where you live. I assume that there are issues of disease carrying with piercings.

All I can say is that I hope that I never have to be treated by you. In our corner store there was once a girl who had several piercings on each eyebrow and lip. I tried not to visit that store when I knew she would be on the till. I was very glad when she ceased working there.

In my hospital no one can have face piercing l

Hoops etc in as they can be pulled by patients, just sayin

People who have 24 ear piercings don't have the intelligence for being a doctor, so don't worry about it... there's always jobs in trash collection. 

My doctor has several piercings and tattoos.

You might face some obstacles, and might have difficulty getting a job if people in your area are more conservative. But it's not a given.