Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 2 months ago

Tattoo on period?

Do you think it'll hurt to get a tattoo on my front hip if I'm on my period? I have bad cramps at the beginning of my cycle but its usually gone on my third day which is when I'd get the tattoo

• John P

Why in Earth can you not wait for a few days? Actually better to wait for a few years, since very few tattoos enhance the appearance of the human body.

• D50

If you're considering getting a tat, it's always a good idea to wait.

• LM440

Unless you are in extreme discomfort it will have no adverse effect on you or the tattoo.

• Tattoos hurt no matter if you're on your period or not. If you're more sensitive to pain when you're on your period then it could hurt more then usual. 

You might get so pissed you'll do something to get expelled from school (from the pain). Probably not the right time.

i'd recommend waiting, because with tattoos you need to put a decent amount of focus in keeping it clean and moisturized for a good and healthy outcome. 

All TATS hurt.  As long as the cramps are gone, you should be fine. If you've never had a tattoo, bring someone with you. Then again, you should always bring someone, in case you are in too much pain to drive. 

Your pain tolerance is far lower during your period. The stress might also cause more painful periods, and more severe pmdd. It might also throw you off hormonally, delay ovulation, and the next period... Tattoos are ugly, what's up with these things these days? It's more special these days not to be tattood.