Is Sea World really a bad place?

I'm curious about Sea World. I've heard many stories about their deeds to killer whales had been morally if not legally dubious. I've also heard some other stories about the employees not being terribly nice to the those who visit Sea World. Sea World must be one of the most controversial businesses of all time over the years. I've never been there, but if they really did some terrible things to their killer whales, I may never go over there. I'm trying to do some critical thinking here, because there are both sides to this particular story. 

Not always. But it can just be cooler when there are more petitions for stealing and burning police cars there.

• Judy

I think it is best to leave killer whales in their natural environment.  

As much as any aquatic center type place. Free Willy. 

• Random

There was a documentary back in 2013 called "Blackfish" that covered this topic really well.  I think that the actual trainers / caretakers do actually care about the animals but the whole business is profit driven and based on exploiting the animals for entertainment.  And the company hasn't always put their employee safety at the forefront either.  You also have to remember that cetaceans (whales, dolphins, and porpoises) are highly intelligent and very social animals and keeping them confined like they do is not good for the mental health of the animal.