Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 2 months ago

Why am I having heart palpitations (ectopic beats) so often?

I’m a 20yo female with a healthy weight, and I go for a walk everyday but I’m not overly active. For the past month or so I have started getting heart palpitations (ectopic heartbeats). I have experienced them in the past but never this frequently. They seem to be worse in the afternoon, and when I’m tired. I can’t think of any recent change in lifestyle that could have caused this. I got an echocardiogram, had a holster monitor for 48hrs, a chest x-ray, and checked my thyroid with a blood test. All tests have come back normal. No doctors have suggested anything to help me. I have a medium cup of coffee every morning but I’ve been doing it for years so I don’t know if this could be the cause. I also don’t experience that much stress or anxiety. If anyone knows anything to suggest that might help me I would really appreciate it!

• Tavy

I stopped all caffeine, that includes cola and after a couple of weeks it stoped.