How lucky were City to beat Real Madrid ?

Real were winning at home, then a red card changed the match and handed City the win, then defensive mistakes cost them the second leg, but without the red they might have gone through regardless on away goals. I think Real gave the tie to City rather than City actually outplaying them. 

I'm not sure they deserve to be in the Quarter Finals. 

Not at all. Check the stats they outplayed Real and were worthy winners.

They won against Real. That was enough enough for Real.

credit to our noisy neigbours man city won that fair and square and deserve to be in the QF's.

I hate City but my god I cannot stand Real Madrid.  They simply have to be, our arch no.1 nemesis in european football.  We should not be so far behind on european cups to them,  same with the scousers.

its high time we got to a Champions League final and won it, its just a cup competition end of the day and we have a team that could go on a run and do their own kind of mracle of instanbul,  at least reach a final.   If Tottenham can reach a CL final then I refuse to accept we are incapable of following in the same.

• Real "played" ok but make defensive blunders like that and you are likely to be punished by any self credited decent team, let alone a team like city, worst player on the pitch for me though i thought was he who is meant to be thier best....Eden Hazard...and that means from an unfortunate goal behind, winning was always going to be very difficult...though they should of switched into "urgency mode" a lot earlier...does all that justify City didn't really deserve it?......not it doesn't, imho..

• Adam

If you win the game, you deserve to be there and City won the game, so they deserve it. Ramos was an idiot to get sent off, that doesn't discredit City's performance.

To me this sounds like a jealous fan of an opposition team

You can tell how much they missed Ramos, but City deserves to be the quarter finals.

I watched the game and City were the better team over both legs tbf but they are extremely lucky to be in next seasons CL after they lied to the CAS.

• F

Only saw the highlights but City had far more chances than Real but the defender (can’t remember his name) worse defensive performance since David  Luiz, 7-1 v Germany.

( make that David Luiz  v City a few weeks ago).

they weren't lucky. varane accepted gladiola's bribe and did his job very well

Source(s): 😃

Doesn’t matter now it’s done, no point crying over spilled milk.