Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 6 months ago

Which of these baby boy names do you like best?

Hi there,

I’m just looking for opinions on some of the names we have shortlisted for a baby we are expecting! We put a long list together and have whittled it down to a shorter list and now want some other people’s opinions. 

Also, our surname is Penrice.

Joe

Josh

Ben

Xavier

Jasper

Danny (or Daniel?)

Mac

Niall or Nile

Thanks for your help ;)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Merry
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favourite answer

Firstly... Congratulations 

As for names .. My choice would be - 

🔸Joe (or Joseph) Penrice 

Flows well, a strong classic name that suits a little boy and a grown man. 

🔸Ben (or Benjamin) Penrice

Traditional - possibly a bit too much with Ben Pen

🔸Daniel Penrice - Also flows well, a strong classic name that suits a little boy and a grown man. 

In my opinion Xavier, Josh, Jasper, Mac & Nile don't have the same class or appeal as the other names.

Good luck. 

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Jasper! It’s more unique but not in a weird bad way :)

• 6 months ago

Given your surname I’d recommend 1.Xavier 2. Daniel 3. Joe 4. Niall. 

Congrats! 

• 6 months ago

Josh is a nickname for 'Joshua'. 

Ben is a nickname for Benjamin'. 

Xavier Yes!!!

Jasper   Yes!!! 

Danny (or Daniel?)   Definitely 'Daniel'. 

Mac is the Scottish Gaelic for 'Son of .. ' 

Niall or Nile Spelled as 'Niall' is Irish Gaelic (Erse) for Neil . In the Erse language it is still pronounced as 'Neil' NOT ' Nile'. 

Fpr me it is 'McNiall' ; the 'son of Neil'. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kevin
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Joe Penrice - flows well and it also ages well

Josh Penrice - don’t like the similar endings Ben Penrice - doesn’t flow rhymes too muchXavier Penrice - flows well but others might have problems with pronunciation Jasper Penrice - not a fan but the names flow wellDanny (or Daniel?) - like Joe it ages wellMac Penrice- I like Mac for a little boybut not sure I like it for a manNiall(nye-al) Penrice -  love it uncommon, flows well and ages well

Nile Penrice - some people may pronounce it niyl beginning rhymes with the start of night

• 6 months ago

Given your surname, I personally think that Joe or Josh Penrice sounds good. Would you go with the full names (ie Joshua and joseph) or just joe and josh?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.