Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

If you already caught coronavirus what exactly would a vaccine do?

Pretty sure vaccines only protect people who haven’t already been exposed to something 

There is every chance having the virus only gives you limited immunity that may last for a certain number of months...meaning you could get it again.

Ask Alex Jones 

I think the general consensus here among scientists is that coronavirus mutates, and there are at least 5-6 different mutations of the virus already.

They may be preparing for the virus to be around for years to come, so similar to the flu there is a vaccine to help prevent people from catching the mutated strain.

The vaccine will most likely change every year, as does the flu vaccine

.

• sophia

The vaccine is for people who have NOT had the virus...

Also the mask only protects others from catching it from you,  it does not protect you

Vaccines are responsible for several deaths, and tens of thousands of autism cases yearly. 

Vaccinators are child abusers.

Prevent you from catching it again when the antibodies where off

You are wrong, and if you infected then I STRONGLY recommend you take the covid-19, or coronavirus vaccine.

I read online what it's suppose to do, so I already know. I think it would be in the best interest, for those people are infected to take the vaccine.

It doesn't make any sense to me, for someone who is not infected to take the vaccine.

The vaccine can either do 1 of 2 different things, so if someone who is infected took the vaccine then that person would be helping himself, or herself in either one, or two different ways.

I don't know yet in which way it helps a person, but I already know how it helps people.

There might not be enough vaccines, for everyone, so I think it would in everyone's best interest to let people who are infected take the vaccine. I have a good reason, for saying this. The vaccine might not only help an infected person, so maybe the pandemic might go away depending on what the vaccine does.

• Murzy

We don't know if you can get it again.

Nothing but that’s assuming that your antibodies sticks around. There are people who have gotten covid a second time so either they have a really bad immune system or the antibodies only offers protection for a limited time. So far, the immune system only provides temporary protection against coronaviruses like the flu and cold. 

It'll provide protection against COVID-19 if the antibodies doesn’t stick around.