Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Why if a father doesn't want his inheritance going to his children, would he want a relationship with them?

@Isabel,

Then why do you want anything to do with your kids? If you want charities and the less fortunate to have your money, go have relationships with them. You want a relationship with me but you don't want me having any of your stuff? Don't bother me.

@ Isabel,

If you don't want your kids having yours stuff, don't have children.

depends on the father, maybe he wants to keep his money and still have a relationship with them

You keep asking some version of this question and the father owes his kids nothing when they are adults.  He earned his money, he can do whatever he wants with it.  Why would he want a relationship with his kids?  Maybe he loves them.

You could want relationship with your kids and see that just giving them stuff or promising it to them would bring them problems. It's better not to promise this stuff and keep unknown till after death. I've seen a whole family be so consumed with this stuff before, and the ones they tried to prevent are the ones who ended up with what they wanted (in part...they didn't get to have a good relationship due to all the squabbling and conniving of the others...and what they got...they gotta fix up coz it was treated bad by the ones trying to get it.) He might want to help you care for people more than things. He may even surprise you.

See "The Ultimate Gift."

• yesmar

Not enough information to hazard a guess. Maybe so, maybe not.

• car253

Well, the father might want a relationship with his kids even if he doesn't leave them anything.   But do you want a relationship with him if he doesn't care for you enough to leave you anything?  I think not.   Sorry but the way we show our love is leave our kids stuff when we are gone.   

So the question is do YOU want a relationship with someone like that ? 

Maybe this father wants his children to earn their own success and what sort of father wouldn't want a relationship with his children regardless of wealth or inheritance.

• Rick

yes, it is possible .....................................

Would you like to put this in context of religion or spirituality, or should I just go ahead and flag it now?

Update: Reported. Have a nice day.

• Isabel

Because wanting to know and love your children isn’t the same as wanting them to have your stuff