Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

How come my family isn't letting me doing what I want when I'm a grown up and want to go on a trip?

So I'm 30 years old and I'm autistic and my family isn't letting me do what I want. 

I'm facing legal issues and I want to go see a friend. I want to go see him real soon cause I don't know if I'm facing prison time or not. My family isn't letting me go see him as they claimed that I'm not allowed to leave the state. I can't help it and can't follow that and so I really want to go and see him. I have plans lined up for this and they are ruining it for me. I'm 30 years old and they treat me like a 5 year old. They are also wanting to claim guardianship over me cause they say that I can't take care of myself. They say that I'm delusional and I'm making poor decisions. I'm so sick and tired of being controlled and being told what I can and can not do. I really wish they would just stop this and let me do whatever i want. Why are they doing this to me ? How can I convince them to let me go and see my friend ?

Your family is correct. 

If you are facing 'legal issues' you need to see a lawyer, not some random friend.

• Lili

If you're in legal trouble and on bail/awaiting trial, it's not your family keeping you from traveling -- it's the law. You'll be in even MORE trouble is you DO leave.

Frankly I think you're a troll, but if you're not, you clearly DO need to be under a guardianship.

They know you better than any of us. They know your weaknesses and we don't. I suggest professional counseling for you.

• Ann

It sounds as if our friend Kenneth/Jacob has switched from the Society & Culture Forum to Health.  Well, at least we know you haven't committed suicide and you're not in jail (yet).  Maybe your family has finally wised up to just how irrational you are and they're now attempting to do something about all of the threats you've been making toward people (killing l.e. officers) and institutions ("blowing up" a bank).  They're absolutely correct in telling you that you can't leave S.Carolina.  I'm sure they're the ones who put up your bail money, and if you flee the jurisdiction you live in, they'll lose that money.  You'll be arrested, and there won't be a second chance.  You're the one who always uses the "autistic" excuse for your outrageous behaviors, so maybe it's time you face facts.  You need to either go to your Dept. of Rehabilitation and get training for some kind of job (and yes, autistic individuals can hold jobs) or you will end up eventually being institutionalized.  Which of those two things sounds more appealing to you? 

It sounds as if your family knows and understand your situation better than you do.

• Edna

Look - if you've got legal problems and you don't know  but what you might be "facing prison time" as a result of those legal problems, that means that whatever you did was serious enough that you've been released from custody, on bail while you're awaiting trial. You can NOT leave the state  and go see your friend while you're on bail. If you do, you'll be arrested and escorted to jail because you "jumped bail".

You're 30 years old. If you can't understand something as simple as "jumping bail", your parents probably DO need to seek guardianship of you.

• LAN

Jumping bail is illegal.  Why should they pay for you to run away to try to hide from what you deserve?   If you are facing prison time then they have good reason not to trust you.   Be glad that they don't let the court know that you are trying to leave the state so your bond isn't revoked and you sit in jail til your trial. 

You really suck at writing fiction BTW.

i'm still waiting for you  to prove you are Kenneth...all the posts the last couple weeks seem to come from an imposter.  Kenneth could post a Ring video showing the front of his house...even with just the mail carrier...or no one.  He could post some court document, redacting everything but his 1st name and city as well as the charge.

Maybe they will  let your friend visit you instead.  

You are acting like a 5 year old. If you legally can’t leave the state you can’t go. Face time your friend. Now is not the time to be traveling anyway