Is it safe to go back to work??

I start a new job Monday is it safe to be at work with the COVID 19 pandemic going on?  What should I look for in my new job to be safe?  How should I dress? What should I ware to protect myself?  Is there more cases at jobs??

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes it is safe to go back to work. You just need to wear the prescribe PPEs like the face shield and the mask. Bring with you always a sanitizer and frequently wash your hands in the office or wherever you are working. 

• 1 month ago

safe to go back to work , never knew there was any danger in the first place , its only the flu , many will get it and recover and some wont , same thing every year .

• 1 month ago

Charles do you realize the only ppl. that are dieng from this are very sick and old already????

This whole thing is 100% political!

OR you can just sit at home al day like ricardo does and watch CNN and MSNBC.

• 1 month ago

Hi.

No, of course it’s not safe to go back to work.Fact is, you should not even be stepping out of your house.At the time of answering this, August 11, 2020, the Coronavirus pandemic has infected over 20 million people and almost 738,000 people are dead, all over the world.The number of cases and deaths is on the rise.So, does it make sense for you to go to work in such a scenario?What should I look for in your new job to be safe?Stay on alert to see if anyone is infected - hard to tell this!How should you dress?Obviously, you would wear work clothes.What should you wear to protect yourself?Mask and gloves!Is there more cases at jobs??No one can know this!Stay safe.Regards.Ric

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The office has a slightly higher rate of infection, if you're going to work at an office. It's not a HUGE difference in the rate, but it's slightly higher. Since you didn't say anything about what the new job is, we really can't answer you.  However, if your new employer takes reasonable precautions, and you,yourself, take more, then you should be safe enough. 

• 1 month ago

Yes - with all due care and protections as per Health Experts ! .. Jobs are rare these days due to online work from home craze.

• 2 months ago

What should you wear? 

- in the past 6 months when we have been informed how to maintain safety did any of it include wearing specific clothes?  NO!!

We don't know your job nor how safe it is.  Are you an RN working in the ICU directly treating covid patients or are you a mailroom clerk who has no interaction with anyone else all day long?

How prevalent is covid in your community?  

- If you live on the California / Oregon border where covid doesn't exist, then you don't worry about covid.

- If you live in Louisiana where covid is more prevalent, you were proper masking.

What do you do to keep yourself safe if covid is a concern in your community:

- stay 6 ft away from people, if you can

- wash your hands

- wear a mask

- if you will have close contact with co-workers, then you wear a face shield.

• 2 months ago

It depends on what the job is.  Below the neck, you should wear the same clothes that you would normally for that job, unless they told you otherwise.  The major difference is that you should wear a mask or face covering, although that's really to protect others from you; it doesn't protect you.  To protect yourself from them, you need to get them to wear a mask or face covering.

• Dress properly to their dress code, you can ask them if you don't know. 

If it's mandatory wear a mask when you go into the building. They should offer you the proper protective equipment that they're using to keep you safe. Practice physical distancing as much as possible. No touching / hugging any one / getting with in 6 ft of any one unless it's necessary and you should wear a a mask if that has to happen. Wash your hands regularly (or use sanitizer if you can't do so) and wipe down frequently touched surfaces with a cleanser or disinfectant. They should also train you on how to clean things properly, along with what ever other tasks you will be doing regularly. Also try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth while you're at work. 

• 2 months ago

Your workplace should have measures in place to help. Depending on what your new job is, will depend on what you need to wear and how much PPE you are given. Make sure you have a mask with you and wear it when you enter the building.  Use hand sanitiser - in the UK, almost everywhere I have been has sanitiser somewhere near the entrance for people to use.  Wash your hands.  Where I work, they are bringing more and more people back and advertising for temp workers.  There are plenty of hand sanitisers, masks are available (they have to be used in the toilets as you can't keep 2 metres distance), each workstation has perspex screens between them and the next and there is a one way system in places which are narrow.

Your new work place should give you information on what to do and where to go. As far as I am aware, no one has contracted covid.  We all have our temperatures checked daily.

Good luck in your new job.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.