Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 2 months ago

If I have internet at my home will my iphone not connect outside of my home if there is not a public wifi available?

Reason I am asking is I am being hired as a real estate agent where you have to use a smart phone to unlock doors at sellers homes. How would I be able to do this when I currently can only connect with home wifi or if public wifi available?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Kaz
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You should have access to it using your cellular service.

• 2 months ago

Do you not have a data plan with your cell provider? As far as I'm aware, the major US carriers require a data plan on smartphones. You should check your cell phone bill to be sure.

• WayneH
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You turn on cellular data on the phone.  Then you can connect to the Internet via your phone company.  You'll need a data plan.  Call your provider.

• 2 months ago

Unless the house you are going to has wifi?  Or, if your phone has that hotspot feature.  Where your phone basically puts out a wifi signal.

Also, with the unlocking doors at sellers homes, wouldn't that be with an app?  And the lock would have to have that special feature as well.  If it's just an ordinary, everyday lock, then you'd need a physical key.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.