Rollercoaster Operators: Has anyone ever tried to get on your ride that is noticeably pregnant? How did you stop them or try to stop them?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I didn't work a rollercoaster, but did work a thrill ride intense enough to have an advisory warning for pregnant individuals or other major health concerns. We were instructed that if we saw a visibly pregnant woman in line for the ride, we were to inform her that it was a thrill ride and we could take her off if she wanted, but if she insisted on riding that we were to let her. I only had it happen once and the woman insisted she would be fine, so I let her ride same as any other guest.

IMO, the policy the park I worked for was the correct one. Pregnant women do not need to be infantilized or patronized, they only need to be informed enough to make decisions for themselves. While I personally did not go on any thrill rides when pregnant, I don't believe it's the place of any attraction operator to forbid a pregnant person from riding -- the *only* exception being if the pregnant person's body does not allow for safety restraints to be properly fastened. But that's true of any rider, pregnant or not.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.