Keyboard lag on a newly rebuilt PC?

I'm really confused.

I rebuilt my gaming PC yesterday (adding a new graphics card and moving it from case to case) and the keyboard rarely responds. When it does, it moves very slowly, but anything else I do pops up fine Replacing the keyboard didn't help, and the new one is a mouse/keyboard combo hookup, the mouse having many fewer issues, which tells me it seems like a software issue. Sticky keys/accessibility "features" are turned off. 

Anyone have any idea what's going on?? 

plug the keyboard directly into a USB port other than the one the mouse is using and see if the problem continues

With no details like maker, or brand or model number on anything, the operating system, warranty status, or what happened to the USB or PS/2 socket for your keyboard, might be a driver issue or a hardware issue.  Those are blind guesses, all you get for now.