asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

are more people becoming resentful of the "haves" if they are the "have nots"? why?

Well, considering that the average salary has decreased in value since 1979 and the income of the wealthy has increased X-probational to waged income,then the system has made, the "have nots" it self.

It's the political choice that you make,if you vote for them that will give corporate tax cuts and more privatisation, then you vote for less in your wage packet. 90% of the comments here, are born from ignorance.

• Buzz

Because the world is becoming more and more right wing and elitist. 

They have always been resentful....only now it's become acceptable to be jealous so they scream and cry like children and get into everyone's face

Because they think everything should be handed to them on a plate. They shouldn't be jealous of those who work hard for their money. Only of those who get everything handed to them on a plate.

MMM, no I'm not jealous of people that work 18 hours a day and earn mega bucks doing a job that often they hate, but do it, cos' it pays them mega bucks.  Usually the 'haves' are either given money by their parents (aka Trump) or have worked their way up their chosen career ladder to reach the top.  They are most often seriously stressed, have zero sense of humour and have no hobbies other than drinking vast quantities of alcohol.  When they retire they have zero imagination on passing the time, doing anything other than sitting on their backsides 'entertaining', ie drinking, eating and boasting (but are often rather bored!

I was a Have Not i went to school with Holes in my shoes because the Haves in WW2 could afford what my family could Not

today i am a Have it was hard work I now have 4 Pairs of Motorcycle Boots 4 Pairs or walking Boots 9 Pairs of shoes 3 Pairs of Joggers 28 Shirts short and Long sleeve

But I dont smoke $40 for a pack of twenty no wonder they dont have anything

I dont Drink Dont Gamble and never done Drugs retired at 55 so I am not Jealous of the haves and 99% of the Have not's it is self-inflicted

I really resent the big corporations making millions off of under paid employess , the over paid jocks , the celebs that cant act their way out of a paper bag ,doctors and lawers that over charge , yes I work and I have paid my dues .

• F

Yes but the “have nots “ seem to target people who have worked hard for their money and so have a nice house , cars, afford nice holidays etc, but embrace talentless celebs who are paid far more for doing something trivial.

They have been led to believe that they are ‘entitled’ to have what others have.

They think they should get everything handed to them and think work is a four letter word best not uttered in their hearing.

Working hard at school, working at a career, not in their mindset, it is easier to steal and fiddle than to earn success.

Yes, mainly benefit scrounging liberals feel that way. They don't want to work themselves and resent those that do and get nice things.