Whats is causing my indicators to not work?

Hey so iv got a piaggio fly 125, and im having electrical problems...so the light on the dash doesnt come on when i indicate and nor do the indicator lights but everything else still works, everythings is connected up, fuses are good, wiring looks good. Any ideas as to what it could be and how to fix it

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Everything is obviously not ok, even though it "looks" ok to you.  So get a wiring diagram and a 12 volt test light or a voltmeter and start tracing the circuit.  Then you may find the problem.

• fuzzy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

you've run out of blinker fluid.

Seriously, check all the connections,check the globes aren't blown, get a cheap multimeter (under $10) learn how to use it & check everything again.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Italian wiring? Good luck with that!

• 1 month ago

Ever PM your wiring? PM stands for preventatively maintain, as in remove all the fairings, wipe off the crud and take a careful look at your harness and all of the ground connections. The fundamental concept of preventative maintenance is to MAINTAIN the unit so repair is unnecessary. Just sayin'.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Replace the switch.  It is shot.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably the flasher itself. Might be bad switch or loose power lead to it. Buy  or borrow a continuity tester and test lite. Note, use test light with power on. Use CT only with power off. Might need 6 volt units with a scooter, IDK.

Occasionally. those glass 3AG type fuses break inside the cap from vibration.  Look fine but a CT  or test light will show they are open.  IDK if your scoot uses these or the  new A-type plastic ones 

Wires may "look" good, but,  only testing them  with some meter or test light and then  taking connectors and  lugs off and Looking at them will verify if connection made or a displaced pin or bad crimp/connection.

Might be able to take out flasher and slap it hard , then see if it works. I've  prised open old stuck  Chevy flashers, busted the contacts free, filed them, then adjusted  tension 'till I got a safe 3 flashes per second. Then glued cover back on. Fixed...

EDIT: If bulbs bad, it would still probably flash on one side, but slowly (your warning of a bad bulb.) All 4 plus indicator going At Once?--Play the Lotto.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can make yourself a circuit continuity tester. One with a buzzer or a light and then you work from switch to light via relay etc.

My bet would be on a poor earth/ground.

• adam
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Use hand signals . There I fixed it!!! 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.