Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 3 months ago

Do you send emails that just say 'Thank you'?

I've just joined a new company and I emailed my boss to do me a favour as I had some issues with something.

He fixed it, but is it appropriate to just send an email back saying 'Thanks!' .

As it's so short, but I want to show him I appreciate it. 

What are your views?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • rick60
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

yes i would if someone did something nice or said something nice

• 1 month ago

Yes...When I make the request, I'll say "Thanks in advance.", and after the request is met, I'll say "Thanks again!". Being polite and grateful never goes out of style.

• 2 months ago

It really depends I always do it just to make sure my client see that I have received their email and am on to it. If you fell like it is not necessary don’t send it back it’s perfectly fine! 

• Lv 7
    3 months ago

only if they REALLY saved my bacon.

otherwise, it becomes meaningless and expected...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Yes.  Do it all the time.  It is acknowledge that you are aware that he resolved the issue for you.  Plus it shows your appreciation.

And most bosses are glad when you keep things as short as possible so they do not have to waste time reading long and wordy messages.

(I am assuming that you are responding to an email that already has all the details of what was needed and what was done in it.  Otherwise a sentence or two to restate what happened would be appropriate.)

• 3 months ago

Thank on a case by case basis.  I sometimes just Tx in a reply to something the recipient did.  Other times it just seems fitting to let the issue and thread stop with no reply at all.

• 3 months ago

Just expand upon it. Instead of 'thanks,' write 'Thank you so much for (whatever he did that helped you). Hope you remain healthy and safe.' 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.