Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

What do I do when my parents chew me out for seeing family they hate but I like ?

You listen, nod attentively, and then say "I'll certainly take what you just said into consideration". Then you go back to seeing the family that they hate but you like.

• Lv 7

ignore them. your life is YOURS. you make your own decisions.

Not sure why your parents have to know you've seen those family members. Some things are better kept to yourself.

If the family members you like but they don't are dangerous or do things that give your parents a reason for wanting you to stay away from them, maybe you should consider what they're saying and stay away from them. But if they're not doing anything suspicious or dangerous and you want to see them, then you should be able to see them and your parents can't tell you who you can and can't love. The only time they can tell you or advise you not to hang with someone is if the person is on drugs or doing illegal activity or dangerous in any way or toxic or take advantage of people.