Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

If girls don't like to be complimented for their boobs because its "just" a bodypart, why is complimenting her hair ok?

Hair is also a body part

I don't mind if you want to compliment my boobs or any part  of my body/appearance. If you do, I shall simply say thank you. You can compliment me on non physical attributes too, like my kind heart, my creativity, my talent for a particular thing I do well and again I shall politely say thank you. A compliment is just that, some females don't know how to receive compliments these days. 

hair is something people can see and is shown to the public, boobs aren't. If women who wear hijabs and other head coverings was to be complimented on her hair if you could see a bit that would be inappropriate as its not something shown to the public.

Boobs is women's private part & sensitive to show or talk about it. Hair is a common part of their body which can be showed to anyone. 

Personally I'd feel embarrassed if someone complimented me on my boobs.  It'd make me blush and I'd feel that the person making the comment was being a pervert or creep.  It's ok if your part of a couple to make these comments, but if your the husband or boyfriend of a friend, then ugh just no.

• Expat

Because hair is far less sexualized. "You have pretty hair" is a lot less aggressive and creepy than, "nice rack!" Try applying some common sense and you'll find life and questions like these will be simpler. 

Rule #1: Be attractive

Rule #2: Be attractive

i'm a guy and boobs aren't even attractive they;re ugly

The truth is that any sort of compliment is fine as long as it's from the right person and in the right context. It's rude to walk up to a stranger and say anything about their physical appearance. But when you're in bed with a woman who's already into you you can compliment any part of her and it's okay. Choosing the circumstances under which you do this makes all the difference. 

• Bill

Because their breasts are seen as a sexual body part and not something they can control, while their hair is something they had to go through the trouble to make look good. 

In short, to get a man to notice something she cares about and that doesn't automatically cross his mind is far more meaningful than something a man always notices because of its sexual context. 

Well for one because its probably a cliched compliment at this point. 

Like the other answerer said, most women with great boobs are complimented about them everyday. Either by the more than occasional socially uncalibrated mann who comes up to them and are stupid enough to actually say, "uh duh duh I like your boobs". Or the hundreds of dudes she encounters everyday whose eyes unintentionally wonder to them. Or nonverbally the Chad[s] from the office who get to tittyfvck their boobs as foreplay before the main course while he and her are parked behind a Wendy's in her car while they on lunch break.