What is this called?

Attachment image

2 Answers

  • Lv 7
    1 month ago

    this? this is called Yahoo! Answers, and it's the best darn place on the internet to get answers (not that there's a ton of competition...).

  • 1 month ago

    That is called a "carbon fiber reinforced piece of black plastic" (or metal?).  It might be used to retain the clip that holds the heatsink onto the CPU chip (its socket is under your finger joint).

    That AMD "AM4" chipset motherboard probably has a brand name and a part number on it.  Doesn't show in your close-up shot.  Contact the maker for more information or search on line for an illustrated user manual that shows parts and ports on the motherboard. 

    Source(s): Building and repairing PC boxes and a few laptops for decades.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.