Ray S
Lv 7
Ray S asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

On Saturday, Trump said he is issuing an Executive Order that would guarantee coverage of preexisting conditions for all Americans ...?

and he added that it's never been done before.

Is there really anyone in the country who doesn't know that coverage of preexisting conditions is already guaranteed under Obamacare?

Update:

@ Mr. Smartypants ~ Yeah ... I noticed that, too. But, how stupid would Trump have to think his base is to believe that he can legislate by Executive Order under the Constitution. That's even worse than assuming they're dumb enough to believe preexisting conditions haven't been covered for everyone since 2010 when the ACA became law.

Update 2:

@ Pamela ... That's FAKE news.

To be eligible to enroll in health coverage through the Marketplace, you:

             Must live in the United States.

             Must be a U.S. citizen or national (or be lawfully present).

             Can't be incarcerated.

             https://www.healthcare.gov/quick-guide/eligibility...

Update 3:

@ GIGI ... If you were insured before the condition was diagnosed, it WAS NOT a pre-existing condition. But, once it was diagnosed, you were probably being charged a higher rate for insurance after that, which you could afford to pay ... which is not always the case in this country ... The "death panels" Republicans spoke of in 2010 were not to be of government bureaucrats. They convene (as they always have in the U.S.) in the board rooms of insurance companies. Obamacare took away their thunder

Update 4:

@ me ... Yeah, Limbaugh was telling his "ditto heads" that (back in the early days of his radio show) when he told them they need not read the newspaper any longer, that he'd be telling them all they needed to know. And, that describes all of conservative media today. Alternative facts are truth. Facts are fake news. To quote Giuliani, "truth isn't truth". And, true conservatives should never believe what the "liberal media" reports ... Trumpism is a cult in need of serious deprogramming.

42 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Trumpism is about turning reality upside down.  Our society used to function normally because we respected the truth. Trumpism is all about kind of showing off that the facts are irrelevant, that he Trump can say anything and that will be the truth and the fact.  He actually said once....do not believe what you see or hear, believe only what I tell you to believe.

• 2 months ago

no private company will ensure preexisting conditions.    they see it as insuring a burning house with fire insurance.

medicare for all give the same coverage to everyone, regardless of what you need.

but the obamacare still confuses me to this day...  cant answer your question.

• 2 months ago

His supporters probably believe him, for sure

• 2 months ago

Obamacare is the biggest joke for most Americans.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

As long as there's no individual mandate penalty I don't care.

• blu
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I see you have a number of good answers. Without reading all of them at this stage of the q, I want to add he called his order on preexisting conditions a "double safety net" despite it's already the law. No one w/ adequate intelligence buys this sht. He's blathering again, pandering to his base w/ words he thinks the moment calls for. These are the only people he makes sense to.

• 2 months ago

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111.148) and its supplemental Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (P.L.111-162), a.k.a., the Affordable Care Act or Obama Care, was signed into law in March 2010.  This is how long the people-serving, insurers-reforming provisions that include, but are not limited to the protection of coverage for people with what the 1300 for-profit greed-driven insurers like to call "preexisting conditions" have been in effect.  The 1300 insurers for the multi-trillion-dollar spoiled-brat GOP-deregulated insurance industry have been frantically filling Republicans' campaign coffers or bribing them to undo the ACA ever since.  To follow lobbyist dollars in Washington D.C., try the two websites set up by the Sunlight Foundation: www.opensecrets.org and www.littlesis.org.  

The LIFTS-WEARING phony (5'10" pretending to be taller) Donald Trump has a nasty habit of trying to steal credit for envied others, including the positives for our nation's economy from January 2017 through to 2002. I bet if some enterprising reporter ever asked Trump what a FISCAL YEAR is for our economy, he would be utterly stumped, but the last FISCAL YEAR BUDGET of the Obama/Biden administration remained legally in place from October 1, 2016 through the first NINE MONTHS of Trump's first year through September 30, 2017.  However, what Trump does not admit, this same OBAMA BUDGET remained in place because the Republican-controlled House (Paul Ryan) and Senate (Mitch McConnell) never did pass any Trump budget and chose instead to use CONTINUING RESOLUTIONS or CRs to extend that final FY Obama/Biden budget all the way through to Democrats seizing the House on January 4, 2018 during a Trump tantrum-caused government shutdown because spoiled-rotten tantrum-throwing Trump wanted his "candy" of money for a so-called "wall."  Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, immediately passed a government-opening new CR that opened the government long-term and also submitted a bipartisan BUDGET bill that old-far Mitch McConnell (R-KY) refused to put to a vote until Speaker Pelosi worked through Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin to convince Trump to endorse a budget for 2020, and they then forced McConnell's hand to get a vote by 2020, the first Trump-signed, Pelosi-passed budget.  

For all you cult-45 Trump loyalists out there, the 2017 Trump attempt to have a hasty budget died in the Senate.  Why?  In that Trump-proposed late 2017 budget, the MILITARY VETERANS over the age of 65 (including me) would have LOST THEIR INDIVIDUAL UNEMPLOYABILITY (IU) RATING, meaning they would no longer have access to their VA BENEFITS.  Bone-spurs Donald Trump decided that any war veterans in their 70s, 80, 90s, or older should just rely on Social Security and not get anymore VA disability payments!!!  We, the American people, LOBBIED AGAINST this ugly-mean incompetent Trump budget attempt---and WE WON.  Senator John McCain (R-AZ), himself a disabled war veteran, and my state's Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) both assured me and others who called they would KILL THE BILL.  Trump's scriptwriters claimed that Trump intended to use the saved VA benefit dollars to "make private health care available to our nation's veterans," ignoring the fact that the McCain-sponsored bill in 2014 to allow us veterans to make use of civilian hospitals was ALREADY A LAW, and without dropping any elderly veterans into Trump-sought INSTANT POVERTY!   The man is a menace!

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Oh boy.............................

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I think Trump only ever talks to his base, which absolutely has no idea what's happening in this world. If he told his base that the world wasn't flat, it would cause a division-by-zero event.

• 2 months ago

It's never been done before by an executive order.  Obamacare was not done by executive order, Obama got Obamacare passed through Congress.

If Trump's exec. order was constitutional then yes, it would be the first time that had ever been done by executive order.  The fact is, Trump doesn't have the power to do that.  Just like he doesn't have the power to cut taxes just by his own order.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.