Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Should Liberals like myself stand up during the national anthem just so that we can be politically correct and get on board with our?

Conservatives friends. I think that kneeling is perfectly protected under first amendment. But our of sheer respect for Dead soldiers, the right wants us to stand up always, no exceptions. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Actually it's not really about the flag.  It's about the Constitution and the freedoms and responsibilities that it gives us as free citizens...including the freedom to besmirch the flag if one is so inclined.  Or to stand proud in what our nation has done for the good and understanding it's not perfect but we are also free to fix it, unlike in dictatorships.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, liberals like you should go to North Korea and live.

• 1 month ago

If NFL players want to kneel during the anthem, so be it. They're adults. If you want to quit watching the NFL as a result that's fine. You're an adult too.

The thing that makes America great is the freedom to express yourself and pursue your own interests. In my opinion the most un-American thing you can do is require others to live by your value system. 

• 1 month ago

What do dead soldiers have to do with cops killing innocent black people, "Mr. Liberal"? 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Standing for the National Anthem is a courtesy and a tradition.  You have the First Amendment Right to sit on the toilet & crap while its playing if you want.  While it seems like a circular argument, most of us prefer the simple courtesy of standing for a Nation that allows the Freedom to sit on the toilet & crap while the National Anthem is playing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.