My girlfriend has depression. How can I reach my goals and ambitions while being with her? ?

My girlfriend has depression and its putting a horrible strain on our relationship. I want to know if anyone out there has been with someone who has depression and was able to reach their dreams and goals in life. And if so, how? 

I‘m having a horrible time trying to be the best version of myself while trying to help her stay afloat. I am not the type of person to see a problem and not fix it which is what psychologist keep recommending I do. I understand depression isn’t just a bad day. I know i need to have empathy and sympathy and that its an actual biological and genetic disease that affects the brain but I need help. 

Thanks in advanced. 

• jean

my cousins girlfriend has depression. AT the moment both are studying at university, my cousin is doing medicine. My cousin i accepting of the gf's situation although his father does not really agree he should be with her.

• Papa-G

Please take my advice.  We are so much better off to simply rent a female when needed.  More than 50% of all marriages end in divorce with the man paying alimony, child support, two mortgages, and losing half of everything he's earned and will earn for the rest of his life. 

Eff'em and punt'em and you'll live a very happy, prosperous life.  

Source(s): Life