Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

What current rock or pop singer would be considered the Kurt Cobain or John Lennon of this generation?

Update:

It can be a popular singer or less well known singer

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

all the big names  seem to be females these days.........

Beyonce,  Taylor Swift,   Katy Perry....... I really don't hear a lot of  GUYS reaching that level of fame lately...........

and if they do........I don't know any of their music.......Bieber,  Kanye, ........I can't even name a Kanye  song..........how the hell is so famous? 

• 1 month ago

None. Obviously... those men only reached such fame because of the glory of rock. When Kurt died, Rock splintered off, dividing its fan base into tiny sections, allowing soul-less music to prosper. But as the prophecy foretells, rock will rise from ashes someday, uniting all of its genres under one flag, and one band will lead us into the next generation of rock and roll. It is then that we will see the next rock legends.

• 1 month ago

swapping party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GiGi
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They have to die young to be on the same level.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Probably Post malone. He did a full set of nirvana covers with Travis barker on drums

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bruce Springsteen. 

• 1 month ago

I would say, Paul Rodgers from Bad Company has an amazing rock voice.

• 1 month ago

Ed Sheeran?....no....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't know but the only thing that gets airplay is mumble rap so he's probably working at a Starbucks or a 7-11. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nobody I know of. 

Yo PHATSWAVE YOU GOT ANYTHING? (He probably does. I wish I had his resolve to constantly dig and dig and dig for and find contemporary music that is actually good. Im pretty much content with crate digging for stuff from the 2000s, 80s, and 90s.)

You got me thinking though. You do realize that if a band is still operating releasing music in present time that they are considered contemporary. 

So with that, I want to throw out a name. Joshe Homme. Queens Of The Tone Age (The Evil Has Landed)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.