What were you doing in August of 2019?

This question will remind people of a positive moment in their life. This has nothing to do with phishing, lol.

August '19 was a glorious month.  My S.O. and I have been together for 13 years now, and it was last August that I came the closest to beating her on the golf course.  To be fair, she's golfed most of her adult life and is pretty good.  I only picked the game up after we became a couple.  But on that day (she was spotting me 7 shots...1 stroke a piece on the 7 most difficult holes) she had to birdie 14, 17 and 18 while I went bogey, par, bogey on the final 3 holes to beat me by 3 strokes.  Beating Angelface on the golf course is definitely on my bucket list.

Then, that next day was what we still call The Day of the Giant Payday.  We went to the greyhound races at Wheeling Island and she hit the Daily Double for $82 (or maybe it was $84), and then I cashed a trifecta a few races later for a little over $500.  Then, in the next race, we decided to splurge and play the $1 Superfecta (instead of the 10-cent Super), and hit it for $3200.

Normally, we go home right after the races, but since we did so well, we stopped in the casino on the way out.  Within 10 minutes, she hit a $1 Wheel of Fortune slot machine for $900.

So THEN it was time to go home.

Not a bad month at all.  Oh yeah, the 3rd week of the month was when my Rotisserie Baseball team had a "week for the ages," moved from 4th place into first (practically unheard of that late in the season), and stayed there all the way home, and I won the league.

OK, it was a real good month.  I feel like Sinatra....When I was 63, I had a very good month. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPQ0NLkfC0U

Youtube thumbnail

• Sarah

Back before the 'rona? Looking for a job, and getting three job offers within the last two weeks of it

i was at a music festival for billie eilish, anderson paak n slowthai 

i think

I can't remember Anthony.

I was applying to get into welding school

Fair question for P & S.

For one, my son and I visited a piece of land we have on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Went on a cruise. Won't be doing that again for a while (if ever). 

I was at the beach having big fun

Mourning the death of a dear friend.

recovering from being on Life Support for 3 days

None of your business. If you continue to ask these phishing questions I will report you. Why do you care what total strangers did on a certain day?