M asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

How can I get my money back from an Uber driver who scammed me?

I went to a party last weekend, and got drunk.  I took an Uber home, and the driver was hitting the gas and brakes a lot, which made me feel sick...

Me:  hey, do you mind if we pull to the side for a second?

Driver:  In a few minutes, yeah.

Me:  No, can you do it, like, soon?

Driver:  Not yet, we're almost there.

Me:  Just pull the car over.

Driver:  What's going on?

Me:  PULL THE F***ING CAR OVER!  NOW!

Driver:  Ok! ok!  Hold on!

The driver took too long, and I puked all over him, his console, and my suit.  The driver was grossed out and pissed.  He completed the ride, but I later got fined $150.  I think this is fraudulent, because I repeatedly asked him to pull over, and he refused.  It was also his fault for driving so rashly that I got sick in the first place.  Not only did he do this to himself, but my night was ruined as was my suit.

I not only demand that the $150 fine be rescinded, but I also expect to be compensated for the following

- Poor driving

- Refusal to pull over when I asked

- Grossness factor of having to sit in my own puke the rest of the ride home

- Ruining my suit

- The audacity of fining ME when it was 100% the driver's fault

- The time it's taking me to dispute this bogus charge.

I think this means Uber should pay me at least $10,000 to compensate me for the above.  How can I make sure this happens?

Mokrie:  You're*.

Also, no, I'm not an idiot.  I told him to pull over.  The driver did not.

Zane:  Do you think it makes you cool to go around telling people that they are "trolls" when you clearly don't have any evidence to support your claim? 

Nosehair:  There is only one true story about what happened.  I asked several times to pull over.  The driver did not listen.  Any account that differs from that is a LIE.

To treat your sickness the Uber driver should simply have applied a suppository on you. A hard, big, thick, delicious suppository that would have made you happy!  

You and the driver are likely to have different stories in terms of whether you asked several times to pull over. A judge would have no way of confirming either story. You are not the first person to be in that situation and you clearly knew knew you were about to be sick. Everybody else  in that situation (very drunk or not) just sticks their head out the window.

You are super desperate for attention and a TROLL. you don't belong on this site.

you could try talking to a lawyer about it

• mokrie

Your a drunken idiot that blames everyone else for your own stupidity.