Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Who knew Canadians were such good musicians?

During lockdown, I searched YouTube quarantine covers, and many of the people covering songs from my favorite artists turned out to be from Canada. And they did amazing renditions of those songs.

Come to think if it, I've discovered Gordon Lightfoot, Barenaked Ladies, Bachman Turner Overdrive, the Band, Cowboy Junkies, Bryan Adams to name a few....

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

They had to be good at music. They suck at everything else.

• 1 month ago

I say 2 rock bands: Our Lady Peace and Triumph. I also like country singer Shania Twain.

• blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A lot of Canadian musicians are actually great musicians,I agree.

But a lot of Americans are too. It  is based strictly on opinion. I actually like a lot of British musicians. But a lot of great musicians have hailed from Canada as well.i love a lot  of musicians pretty much from  every country. Canada is actually close to the top for countries for great musicians in my list if I were to make one. US topping the list followed by The UK closely then Canada.

• 1 month ago

Apart from Rush, I can't think of anybody else. Oh and that little kid!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

sex! sex!!! and rocknroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The only downfall of Canada is that it gave the world one of the worst pop singers ever: Justin Bieber

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I think  Celine Dion gave them a bad name.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Heart, Neil Young, Alanis Morissette, Joni Mitchell, Celine Dion, Guess Who, and Alannah Myles are also Canadians.

• 1 month ago

My favorite Canadian artists/bands: Tr/st, Crystal Castles, Grimes, Police des moeurs, Ceramic Hello, Arcade Fire, The Organ, Aidan Baker, Tim Hecker, Front Line Assembly, Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra, Numenorean, Miserere Luminis, Akitsa, Gris, Sombre Forets

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What about the Guess Who? I love them and think they are so underrated. And Lighthouse, too. If you can, listen to "Runnin' Back to Saskatoon" by the Guess Who live in Seattle in 1972. It's a stellar live performance. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.