Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 6 months ago

How do I get rid of the virus in my usb flash drive?

So I installed the game garry’s mod onto my usb flash drive. I left my mic on on accident. Then someone in the server said I was mic spamming and that they were going to send me a virus. So I checked to see if my mic was on and it was. I quickly closed the game and turned off my computer. Then when my computer turned on I noticed all my steam games were uninstalled on steam. So when I tried to install them again it said my usb storage had no space. I tried formatting the usb drive but it said that it has write-protection. No my usb does not have a switch to turn off write protection.  I looked up a lot of videos they all said to go to cmd and type in a few commands but none of them worked.

I even downloaded a tool that would help me remove write protection. But I didn’t see an option anywhere to format it to ntfs. I also saw on that tool that my usb drive was set to read only. What does read only mean? How do I fix this usb drive? It costed me 109 dollars. It is pretty fast it is 400mb/s. How do I fix my usb drive?

• ?

it's not a virus.

whenever the USB says read-only, it's damaged. time for a new one. probably got overheated. you should never use removable media for installing games...

• ?

USB drives are cheap, get rid of it.