Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

Can herbal remedies work as well as pharmaceutical drugs in some cases?

No, that is not a fact. Herbal remedies are primitive and outmoded. I trust drugs from pharmacies but not herbal remedies. I notice that Christian In Jesus and Wilds Of Virginia say Gary K is an idiot. I disagree when we are in the Alternative Medicine and Paranormal Phenomena, but they are correct if we are in Politics. 

• Megumi

No  most certainly not! Anyone who believes this is quite gullible and naive! Mo, I see some people from the Paranormal category here. Two of them call Gary K an idiot. He is correct in the Paranormal Phenomena and Alternative Medicine categories but gullible in Politics. 

actually herbal works better than pharmaceuticals . But original herbal products are rare

Where the hell do you think those big pharma companies got their ideas from? Herbal remedies include bread poultices, for example -- nowadays known as the penicillin group of drugs.

The difference is simply that pharma can produce large quantities quickly asnd in more powerful dosages.

Probs not, just like ask your Doctor and tell him you want to go the least medicated route and if he has nay ideas.

Gary K you are an idiot.

Now to get your question, herbal remedies work very well, especially for chronic conditions.  Plant based medicine was all we had up to the 1920's.  This is not an either/or question, rather it is a question of what works best in a particular situation.  We can talk more if you like. BTW, I spent most of my career as a chemist in the pharmaceutical industry.  I know very well how their drugs work, and they work well for some conditions.

combining both is not a bad idea

• Girl

Well if you look before time, when chemically based medicines were not known of, herbal remedies were used to relieve illness. They did indeed work, and there are many many traditional remedies (some which have been around for millennia) that rely simply on natural herbal solutions to illnesses. 

• Orla

Absolutely....in some cases.