Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 5 months ago

UK DVSA Driving Test?

I originally applied at the start of March for an Emergency driving test as I'm an NHS employee, 3 weeks later they finally contacted me and offered me a date at the end of April.

I spent £30 x 14 on lessons all packed together just to be sure I passed it however I didn't and a another driver cost me the license. I got told to wait 10 days and re-apply.

I've been doing that ever since every week now we're getting to like a dozen application and I've received no reply what so ever. Meanwhile my theory test certificate Is getting closer and closer to it's expiry date.

I've heard of a few people getting tests but not many and in my town the driving centre for Wakefield is still closed, I've changed my options to Leeds and this doesn't help either.

I've come to the conclusion that I might not get a test today, in the next month and have had no chance getting one for the past 4 months. I think the GOV site needs updating, I noticed they have no authentication for visitors so I could run a script that autofills info and applies every 5 seconds (17,240 applications a day). I'm considering this if they don't respond to me, I've tried everything now even ringing them and still nothing I'm running out of ideas.

Now that you've got that off your chest, would you like to ask a question? It's required by YA forum rules. FAIL. You're being duely reported for venting and not asking a question. 

Thank you for sharing your sob story with us.

Would you like to try and compose a question while you're here..........?

Why are you blaming another driver for failing your test? A good driver would have foreseen the hazard and taken evasive action. 

However,  it's disgusting that you can't reapply for the test, especially since a driving licence is essential with Covid-19 killing tens of  thousands of people .