Fix Stripped Lamp Base?

I bought a lamp online and put it together. I realized I missed a step and took it apart. It’s a floor lamp so you twist the long poles together. Tried to put it together again and the pole at the base will no longer secure tight because I must have stripped it. How can I fix this? I haven’t even gotten to use this brand new floor lamp yet because of this.

This is hardly sufficient information to make a  useful diagnosis.  What sort of material is it ?  I would hope that the pole at least is metal, in which case I doubt that you would have stripped it (by hand, anyway - did you use any tools on it ?) .  If any part is plastic then you might have damaged it, in which case you would need a rigid-setting filler paste to secure the pole firmly (but be aware that you would probably be stuck with it forever - you would not be able to dismantle it again).

Wrap Teflon tape, the kind plumbers use. Around the threads of the one pole and then screw it together.  the extra material should tighten it up.