Just received tax refund, when will I receive stimulus?

I had to file by paper for my 2019 return. I just got my refund via direct deposit for it yesterday, but still no stimulus check. Does it take a little longer after the tax refund to receive it? I am eligible for it. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you didn't file before MAY, your won't be sent the $1200 Economic Impact Payment. If you were otherwise eligible, you will claim it as a refundable credit when you file your 2020 return next year.

• 1 month ago

When IRS gets around to sending it.  Don't camp by the mail box waiting.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Since you hadn't yet filed your 2019 tax return when the IRS was calculating stimulus checks, they used your 2018 information. If you didn't qualify based on that, too bad - they aren't going to update it now.

• NA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The frequently asked questions at the IRS website say it is possible that a stimulus check will be issued, unless you were NOT eligible based on your 2018 tax return.    

If the computer does issue a check, you will get a notice first.  If no notice, then next year when you file.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

To get a stimulus check, you had to file before the stimulus checks were sent (unless you were able to get a stimulus check without filing first).  You may be able to claim a credit for the unreceived stimulus on your 2020 tax return, but it's too late now to get a separate check for it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You may not receive the advance payment at all.   If you don't, you can take the tax credit when you file your 2020 tax return.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.