Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Gender equality confusion.?

One of my friends that work at a moving company(Which I won't say the name of) was angry when he found out he was making the same amount of money as his female coworker. I thought he was being sexiest at first but after he explained to me that even though they both work the same amount of hours he does almost twice as much work as her. At that point I was confused....  Is it gender equality to pay the women the same amount or is it gender inequality to pay the man the same amount?

The problem here isn't the equal payment (as is the law) but rather that one of these employees isn't pulling her weight. It would be no different if she were a guy who was slacking on the job. Your friend needs to complain to management, not about the equal pay, which again, IS THE LAW, but rather that this coworker is lazy and isn't working hard enough. 

What evidence has to he got for doing twice the work when their hours are the same? They calculate per hour.

This represents one of the problems we see with gender gap arguments.  Working the same hours, does not mean two people produced the same work.   

Should a car dealership pay a car salesperson who sells one car per day the same as a car salesperson who sells three cars daily?, just because both spend 8 hours per day at the dealership?

Women can’t help it if we are not as strong and productive as men.  People should be paid for their time, not their productivity.   

Paying women the same as men to accomplish less work is equal pay in the minds of feminists.