Idunno asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

should i cut my hair?

like, the only reason i want to cut it is because its always so greasy. Is that a good enough reason? Im not a professional and itll look like shiyte but shoud I just do it? (I still have to go to school) but like... what do yall think? Will I regret it?

• It will still be greasy even if you cut it, that doesn't do any thing to stop your hair from getting greasy. Use a clarifying shampoo a few times a week to help with that.

Personally I wouldn't cut my own hair. If you're not going to do a good job then don't bother cutting it your self, get a professional to cut it. 

As for regretting it, I can't predict how you will feel in the future I don't think any one can. If you think you're going to regret cutting your hair, then maybe you shouldn't do it and look for products that can help resolve your issues with your hair.

• Amber

Cutting your hair wont prevent it was getting greasy as the grease comes from the scalp. It made no difference to my hair.

Cutting it yourself - well that depends on your hair type. Mine is curly so if some bits end up shorter than others you can't really see as those pieces just curl more. If you cut it but leave it long enough to put in a bun or a ponytail and it goes quite badly, then as least you can put it up until you can see a real hairdresser. Or ask someone else to level it up for you.