I'm about to purchase a new laptop to work from home & go to school online. Which would you recommend Windows 10 home or Windows OS?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Enigma
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

don't you really mean Windows 10 and Chrome OS?

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

OS is the acronym for "operating system". All of the software that is used to make computers run are called OS. Apple, Windows, Linux. Just to be clear. For you to ask this means that Windows 10 Home will suit you just fine.

• 1 month ago

If you mean Windows 10 S, I would avoid it as much as possible. It is weanie version of Windows and only runs apps from the Microsoft store. Windows 10 Home should be fine.

• 1 month ago

"Windows OS" is a genetic term that refers to all versions of Windows.  It is like the term "car" refers to Ford, Chevy, Toyotas and BMW's.  Your question is like asking should I get a Chevy or a car.

Windows 10 is currently the only version of Windows that is being sold.  If you purchase the laptop with Windows, it will be Windows 10.

There are three major versions of Windows 10: Home, Pro and Enterprise.  the major difference between "Home" and 'Pro" is that "Pro" is able to join a domain.  Domains are only used in business networks.  Unless you plan to use this laptop at your job joined to their network, you do not need "Pro".  "Enterprise" is the same as "Pro" only the licensing is different.  You purchase an Enterprise license that allows you to use in on X number of Windows Pro computers.  If you have 100 or more computers in your business this is cheaper than buying an individual license for each computer.  You would never use this at home (unless you plan to have over 100 computers in your house.)

So what you want to purchase is a laptop with Windows 10 Home (unless you plan to use it at work also.)

Windows 10 is a Windows OS.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.