Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Is there actually a place online where you can freely talk about suicide without being censored or judged?

I remember a website like this years ago where a website legitimately allowed you to type out all of your suicidal thoughts and plans, and about other things such as if you have harmed yourself in the past or recently.

I've been feeling that way again recently but I can't find the website anymore and it's just making me feel ten times worse because of it. For the past 15 years on and off I have been dealing with suicidal thoughts and self harm tenancies. Those people were the only people I could freely talk to. Now I don't know where my only outlet has gone.

Sometimes I feel like I'm just holding off the inevitable and there's no point in doing it anymore. Every time I try to find help online all I get is posts from therapists telling us how to curb our thinking into being more positive. Let me just stop thinking negative thoughts. Why haven't I tried that before?

Shortly after these people and myself would talk about all of our problems and tendencies openly and freely most of us have felt better. We have unfortunately lost some friends in the past, but that's why depression is a b!tch. 

Does anyone know the website I am talking about and if you do could you help me find it?

Google 7 Cups and you'll find that this site, which has an excellent reputation, is run by mental health professionals.

I have advice from experts about depression in my answers and you can click and read.

Although I know almost nothing about you, I’m willing to bet that things aren’t as bad as you think they are. You’re looking at things through depression glasses, which make everything look worse. When you recover, things will look very different. Problems that seemed hopeless will suddenly have obvious solutions. You’ll appreciate things as you never have before.

The most important thing is knowing how to cope in a moment of crisis. It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=7s

• bill

Just google 'suicide web forums' and a bunch of sites pop up.

• kelvin

it's called therapy