What happens if I am antibiotic resistant ?

I get frequent UTI’s and have been on antibiotics for months for it. This is to see if it will eventually get rid of it completely. I am still on antibiotics and it has been about 2-3 months. 

This week when I’ve been going to the bathroom, i feel like I have a uti which might mean the antibiotics are no longer working for me. Is there a solution to this? 

(I cant see my urologist for weeks as they are unavailable at the moment)

Ask your so-called urologist, to refer you to an alternate, or find one yourself.

A different antibiotic is probably required. Report your lack of progress to the department or to your own doctor and ask for a change of prescription. The correct antibiotic will usually stop the infection within 2 weeks, then you could use a prophylactic low dose of something like Trimethoprim to stop the infection re-establishing.

• Eva

They should do a culture to find out the specific bacteria and the antibiotic that it is sensitive to.