Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 5 months ago

Is it normal for teachers to call there students baby or similar words like that?

Update:

I’m in 11th grade now and every since I got in high school I see men teachers say it to female students and I also see woman teachers saying it to male students I just wanna know is it normal.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • donnie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No.                            

• 5 months ago

It is not normal for teachers to call students baby or similar words like that. Teachers should be calling students by their given name or nickname.

• 5 months ago

No this will be sound so weird. Try to call students by their original names. If outside from the school then should call them by baby names and other those type of words.  

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It sounds as if it is normal where you are in school. In Britain it would not be tolerated. Note also spelling - their, not there, in that context.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I'm a 60 year old retired preschool and elem teacher. Those words would slip out of my mouth when I was teaching. :) For me, it just showed I really cared about them, because that is what I'd say to a neighbor child, or grand child etc.  I'd say " Ok Sweetheart" and then I'd say " Oh, I'm sorry, that is what I often call little kids ". I have a 19  year old Grand daughter , my first, and I still call her " Baby".  I finally told her, that is  just the way it is, because I've called you that since you were born and it means I love you very much. She likes it

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

This is regional and cultural. In some places it would be extremely odd, but in others it would be fairly normal.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I have no idea whether it's "normal" or not, but it's extremely unprofessional.

PS You mean "their" students. Surely by 11th grade you've grasped that their, there and they're all have their own different meanings.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No, as this just borders on the line of pedophilia or child molestation.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. That's VERY unprofessional. 

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

their students, not there.  there is a location.

There, their, and they're are not interchangeable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.