Can I put acrylic paint on my HP laptop if I first coat the top with mosh posh, then paint, then put another coat on of mosh posh on?

I would not be going by any of the plugin areas and I would cover the hp logo as well as any other parts that could be damaged before I paint.  

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Ludwig
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You could use chalk paint and then 'distress' it.

• 2 months ago

It probably would not adhere (the mosh posh)  Contact paper would be a better attempt, but there is no way to be sure the internal parts would be totally protected.

• Speed
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My best guess is that you'll have adhesion problems on the typical smooth surface of a laptop, no matter what you apply under the paint.

If you happen to use the laptop in one place and just leave it set up there, doing no more than opening and closing it, you might be okay, but if you take it from room to room, or from school/work to home and back, you'll probably have peeling issues early and often.

But hey, if you want to decorate your laptop, check out the skins at Society 6. My older laptop has one, and it's adhered for (stopping to count) eleven years. In five of those years, the laptop was used mostly in one place, but later it traveled extensively and often, and the skin still looks brand new. I recommend this over painting.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Did you ask this question in a category related to computers as well as in this one?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

just try it and see and then you'll know

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.