What can I do if Windows 10 won't use all RAM?

Please help usable ram is lesser than the available one. My available ram is 12 gb but using only 6.7 gb. I tried youtube but unable to fix it. 

You misunderstand Windows paging dynamics.

You are likely using all of your memory on the programs you are running.  With 5.3 Gb free, that goes into something called the "free page list" (FPL) which is a cache of recently used pages that currently aren't active.  Windows "knows" if you ask for a program that is already in the FPL, you get it without having to read the disk to load it.  When you have half of your memory in the FPL as "available" that means that everything you have asked Windows to do is in memory.  You want it to use more RAM?  You have to open more programs.  I hardly ever touch all 16 Gb of what I use but it doesn't bother me.  I know that I won't be swapping or paging very much.

• Shadow

If you want Window to use more RAM or use RAM only, turn off the paging file. Go to System Properties > Advanced Settings > Performance > Advanced > Virtual Memory and then turn it off. Restart your PC and then Windows will only use the RAM.

So it means 5.3gb ram is still free(unused)

• VP

I'm not sure what you're complaining about. You also need to tell us how much RAM is installed (instead of us assuming it's 12 GB). 

Your system is telling you that it thinks it has control of 12 GB of RAM and that it's only using 6.7 GB right now. 

The only problems I can see you having are:

- You actually have more than 12 GB of RAM installed, or

- You intend to run something that needs more than 12 GB of RAM to run.

Otherwise, kick back and enjoy your system!

windows 10 will use ALL the ram eventually.

so ram use in windows 10 is slightly different than other versions.

there are three main statuses for ram.

in use (actively reserved by programs)

standby (cached files and programs that load directly from ram instead of your local disk)

free (empty ram)

unless you have mostly "free" ram windows 10 is using it efficiently 

the rest is for programs and open windows that run stuff

This is actually a good sign. That shows that you have more than enough memory for the computer and the system to handle its stuff. 

• Bill-M

RAM is like a power supply.    You may have an 800 Watt Power Supply but your only using 600 Watts (as required by the equipment) The number of Programs your running determines how much RAM is used.   There is nothing to fix.

• A.J.

A few things in this. RAM works best in matched pairs. 12GB is usually 8+4GB and system may be running 4+4GB as more efficient and faster.

Integrated graphics reserves system ram as graphics output buffer.

Motherboard could be old and not read 8gb sticks.

Install Speccy and Belarc and state all of your system parts to understand it better.

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy

https://www.belarc.com/products_belarc_advisor

Defective ram is not likely.

Why do you care how much ram is in use?

If you have the basic version of Win10 you might not be able to u tilize all the Ram