Perry asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

Had an email telling me hacker has video of me masturbating?

To keep it simple, I'm 21, from the UK and received an email yesterday from a hacker to tell me that he has a video of me w****ng and is ready to send it to my friends and family unless I give him £1,000.

I've been in contact with this guy, and where this seems like the typical scam, it isn't. He's shared the video which clearly shows me in it, and what I was doing it to :/

what should I do????

@Mark IX @Petter  It's a bit more complicated being a closet gay and none of your family and friends know :/

@Petter Turns out what you suggested has worked. He started to feel guilty and haven't heard back off him since thank god. but I assume he still has the video and all that. But good signs for now thankfully

• Petter

You should go to the police. It's probably super embarassing, but if you pay him, you will probably have to keep paying him for the rest of your life. The problem will not go away simply by you paying him. That will only make things worse. Better to come clear now and go to the police. What he is doing is illegal. While fapping infront of your computer is not.

There is no easy way out of this, but don't give in to threats, it will only make it worse.

Well, I saw your comment and I can see how that complicates things for you, but the same thing still stands. I don't think it will stop at 1 000 pound if you pay him. It will most likely just continue. He doesn't earn one penny in showing this film to your friends and familly, he doesn't want to do that. He's just trying to scare you into paying.

Or you could threaten him back, make up a story that you will kill yourself because of this and you will blame him in a suicide letter and that you probably think the police will find out who did this, and then just end all contact with him.

• Willie

Always do it wearing a mask, so no one will know who you are.

He's got one of me too. I got a similar email. It's a scammer, ignore it.

• Shadow

Just by replying to the email, you attracted the attention of the scammer and they can make it appear like it is you. Next time, ignore it. These scammers email the same message to thousands of recipients at the same time. Chances are, at least one person will take the bait and thats all they need.

Can we see it to verify your BS MADE UP LIE.. I and MOST HERE DO NOT BELIEVE YOU.. SHOW US THE PROOF...

• Adrian

How would he know your name and who your friends and family are? Only if you told him or he captured that info off a public web site.

Like I say, "Consider anything and everything you do on the Internet to be public information, because eventually it will be..."

I also told you not to contact anyone. If I catch you doing this again I'm definitely sending it out. I don't care how big it is.

Tell him to send it because he evidently has you confused with someone else.

Everyone wanks kid.  Do you honestly think a moment's shame is worth a 1000 quid?  Just ignore him, or better still report him to the police.