Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 2 months ago

I have two semesters left, can I raise my GPA from 2.9 to 3.5?

What’s the highest I can raise my Gpa to?

• D50
    1 week ago

You're not majoring in math, I guess.

I did it.  Going into my last year (2 semesters) with a 3.0, I raised my overall GPA by getting straight A's. I never left the library.  Good luck!

Donnie Porko's answer is right on!  His thumbs-downers need a class in remedial math.

Well, the thing is I doubt you could get a 3.5 from a 2.9. You could most likely get a 3.0 but you would have to retake some classes. But, I wish you the best of luck!

possibly if you retake the classes you did bad in and attempt to get As in them so those blemishes get thrown out.  It is hard though as your workload will probably become a lot heavier.  I'd honestly just try to raise your GPA from 2.9 to 3.0

In 2 semesters I doubt it.  It's easier to demolish your GPA than it is to build it back up.  Destruction is always a faster, easier process than construction.

• John P

Your college can tell you if it is theoretically possible. Only you can know if you can make sufficient effort.

Assuming you take the same number of classes for every semester:

2.9(6) + 4.0(2) = 17.4 + 8 = 25.4

(25.4)/8 = 3.175

The highest you can get is 3.175 assuming that you took the same number of classes each semester and the classes are not weighted. 

There’s a very slim chance that you can raise it to 3.5 unless you take a lot of weighted classes. 

Apparently math is not your strong point.  

How high you can raise your GPA depends on the grades you get, how many classes you have taken until now, and how many classes you have left.   If you are in High School are any of these classes "weighted" where you get a higher GPA because they are considered advanced classes.

What you need to do is take your classes and grades up to this point.  Then take the maximum scenario of getting an A in every one of your remaining classes.  See what your final GPA is to see if it is even possible.   You can use the following Chart

A = 4

B = 3

C = 2

D = 1

Add 0.3 for a "+", and take away 0.3 for a "-". For example a B+ would be a 3.3, a C- would be a 1.7.

If your class is weighted add 1 point to each letter.  For example an A would now be worth 5.