Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Mascara ruined my eyelashes :( ?

My lashes are so sparse you can't see any and the mascara won't even increase the volume. Before I put on mascara I had a fair amount of lashes and the mascara increase volume but now nothing will work.

What do i do?

I bought it like 2 months ago.

Take a break for a while, then try the lash growing treatment to thicken lashes. Apply every night and within 45 days your lashes will be thicker. Then have your lashes professionally dyed. I did it-fantastic results but you must cut back to twice a week and continue to have your lashes professionally dyed.

Let your eyelashes rest for a while, and apply castor oil so it will grow. If you don't have castor oil you can use vaseline, the transparent one.

Don't do anything. 

It is usually the process or rubbing your lashes to remove the mascara, rather than then mascara itself, that causes breakage or even lashes to be pulled out.  So can curling your lashes.

I'd suggest and or all of the following:

1. Stop wearing mascara for a while.

2. Make sure you use a lot of makeup remover and let it do the work rather than rub and scrub your lashes.

3. Try using castor oil on your lashes and lash line at night.  This is just a way to keep your lashes moisturized so they are less likely to break.

4. Lashes are hair and a lack of biotin can result in thinning hair.  Taking a biotin supplement is safe and inexpensive. 

5.  Consider using a lash growth serum like Latisse or Rodan & Fields lash Boost (both of which contain a prostaglandin analog that can darken skin and iris color) or other products like Vegamour or WooLash that don't.  All these products are designed to increase the growth cycle of the lashes while also help prevent breakage or loss.  

Eyelashes will grow back in 2-16 weeks. Yep, it depends on whether the particular lash follicle is in a growth or rest stage.  If it is in a rest stage, nothing is going to make it grow until it is ready to grow.

• Niki

some of them are expensive but you can try lash serum.  Latisse/babe lash/woo lash.  just google and find one to try.  I would stop curling lashes and using mascara too. 

Friend uses Latisse and her lashes were really sparse now they are longer and some what thicker

• Entity

I am sure you have not tried every brand.   Try using LOREAL TELESCOPIC, excellent thickness and lengthening.   Also, 

Maybelline (Falsies Mascara) it makes your lashes really long and thick. I have been using it since it came out a few months ago. Its a brand new mascara,  Not to be confused with the original Maybelline Falsies. This is even better, now with better ingredients.

More likely is that removing your mascara ruined your eyelashes. They're fairly delicate and if you're not super gentle, you pull out or loosen a few every time you take it off, whether you use wipes, a washcloth, cream and a tissue, whatever.

Eyelash curlers used with too tight a squeeze or held too long also get some blame for eyelash loss.

The good news is, eyelashes grow back.

FWIW, the gentlest eye makeup remover I've found that actually works is coconut oil.

• kelvin

no it did not...........

Is your makeup very old?   If it is, trash it.   It could be contaminated with some kind of bacteria.   Buy some new, fresh makeup, and see if that works.