Gas Mileage. ?

My car is getting 26-26.6mpg its a '98 honda and in good condition. Fluids checked at every fill up which is at about half full. Am I getting the best mpg for my year of car?

All Honda motors get tight valves and you need to have valve adjustments down every 60,000 miles!

• Anton

A '98 Honda Odyssey gets about 23 mpg, you are doing fabulously high.

A '98 Honda Civic gets about 31 mpg, you are doing horridly low.

Ref:  https://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/

Probably.   You could improve it by...1.   Running maximum rated tire pressure in each tire.  2.   Never go over the speed limit.   3.  Do not do drag race starts from the stop lights.   4.   If you are in a line,  turn off the engine when you are going to be sitting for more than a minute. 

• CB

Do you really believe there was only ONE configuration of a Honda car produced in 1998?  For pete's sake you can't get an answer with insufficient information - model, engine size, transmission type, mileage - ALL relevant. Checking Fluids and car condition - IRRELEVANT.