Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

I need help with this dental advice. Please ?

I think my wisdom teeth are infected. They are impacted fs. I’ve been dealing with this for months but my ears, throat, cheek, and jaw started to ache/hurt along with sore gums. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow but idk what to do at this moment. I’m scared ima die from an infection :( what can I do rn 

5 Answers

  • J
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

    You’ll be fine. Tooth aches are very painful, but you’re not gonna die in the next day. Your dentist will probably give you an antibiotic. Once you start taking it, the infection should clear up in a day or 2. Just make sure you take all the pills even after you feel better. 

    In the meantime, take ibuprofen. It will help the pain and reduce the swelling and any fever. Take up to 800mg (4 reg strength tablets) every 4-6 hours. Use some Orajel or similar product with benzocaine to numb the area. It helps a lot. Rinse the area with warm salt water after you eat to keep it clean. Eat things that will make it feel better, like yogurt, ice cream, smoothies, soups, or any soft foods. If you have to chew, use the other side. 

    Tooth pain can be excruciating and unforgiving, but it will go away in a couple days. Just make sure you take the ibuprofen (not Tylenol) because it will reduce the swelling, which is what’s causing a lot of the pain. 

  • 2 months ago

    For tooth pain they will typically give you 500mg of Amoxicillin.  Take that to kill infection and ibuprofen to to reduce the pain.

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    No one dies of this, you will be given antibiotics.


  • 2 months ago

    There's nothing you can do for now except take some painkillers. I recommend Tylenol, Ibuprofen or Naproxen. They'll all do the job, although Naproxen is probably the strongest. You're not going to die from this, your dentist will properly diagnose it so you can be treated.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • pmt853
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    What to do? Go to the dentist.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.