Neervana asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Root canal treatment hurting again?

I had a root canal treatment done 5 months ago. It has started to pain again and is more sensitive to hit and cold. I went to the dentist but the X-ray was not showing anything that could make the tooth pain. What should I do? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Seek another opinion.  Ask for copies of your X-rays.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Return and have the dentist take an exray to determine what the issue is.  Eons ago, I had a root canal and then afterwards it began hurting............I went back, to the dentist, they did an exray and found out there was blood pooling in the socket....they had to remove the blood and then it was fine.

• 2 months ago

Get another dentist's opinion and get that taken care of

You shouldn't have to go around in pain

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

sorry the quack talked you into it ! they did the same to me, I found out later that they are unhealthy, dead teeth flake off dead cells into the body. not healthy at all.... find a Biological dentist that knows what to do, using yelp dot com to find one near you...[ Biological, Holistic, Whole body dentists are the same, just different names.]

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Use a sensitive toothpaste on that tooth. Rub in with your finger and brush off after 10 minutes. Twice a day.

Sounds as if you have fine cracks in your enamel.

Source(s): I worked for a U.K. Dentist
  • Una
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Quit icy cold food and drinks and use toothpaste for sensitive teeth.

• 2 months ago

give it another 5 or 6 months. stay away from hot and cold foods/fluids. Keep taking your pain meds when the pain is unbearable

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.