Face masks and allergies?

I have non-allergic rhinitis, so my nose is blocked 90% of the time so I tend to breath through my mouth the majority of the time.

In Wales from Monday 14 Sept, everyone has to wear masks in public indoor spaces, just like England introduced a while back. The store I work in has given everybody masks to wear from Monday, but they feel thick fabric..I haven't tried it on yet but I feel that it's going to be horrible to wear.

How are some people exempt from wearing them, example asthma sufferers (I'm no expert, but apparently it doesn't affect a persons breathing) but I think it does.

What are your thoughts on this?

opportunity knocking

someone make a mask that is really just a faux mask no blockage - for looks only 

I am one like you COPD and the mask has me dying .. lungs inflamed and face and inside mouth chapped cracking bleeding 

the problem is the SJW are about the power not the individual -- after all they are about the collective not freedom 

I don't have a problem with my nose but when I wear my mask breathing from my nose is not reliable at all.

We breathe using our mouth mainly

Still not an excuse to not wear your mask. I understand allergies are bad, but the corona is even worse. Keep that mask with you.

• W

Just wear it. There are enough mouth breathers in the world who wear them without any issue. 

• hammy

You know you will probably die from not wearing one, right? Y'all pretend like, "having exceptions" is like not wanting milk on your lunch tray.

This is the difference between life and death, and you should not leave your house if you do not want to wear a mask in the store and hopefully outside for 15 minutes.

Put the mask on. Get used to it. It your health is compromised enough to make wearing a mask difficult then you are at high risk and should not be in public places.

Some people find a single drop of eucalptus oil or menthol or peppermint oil inside the mask helps. But only one dtop or it becomes overpowering?

• Tavy

I have asthma and still wear one. You can breathe through mouth or nose. You will get used to it.

England.

• Damien

The experts and doctors have completely gone paranoid. They don't care. If u tell them u have trouble breathing wearing a mask, they will mock you, taunt you, call u a karen and say dumb stuff like "you're fine, wear the mask" If u tell them u cant breath, it only matters if u have corona, doesn't matter if u cant breath while wearing a mask. The dumb thinking among doctors is "Well i wear a mask all day at work, so can you", so they've decided to generalize an entire world population. That's as dumb as saying "we'll i can jog 50 miles in an hour, so can you". And what about these pro mask idiots going "oh i see so many people they got their masks below their chin or below their nose, they aren't wearing them properly" Well jackass it not that they aren't wearing them properly, they have it down there cause they cant breath with the mask on.And how about airlines mandating them. You fools expect me to wear a mask for a 16 hour flight from Toronto to Dubai inside a closed box with already limited oxygen.I'll be having a high fever due to lack of oxygen by the end of the flight , you clueless mask mandating fools.What this pandemic has taught me is the "Decision makers" , the "experts", the "genius" doctors, they all lack this thing called "common sense", apparently got their high paying jobs due to the ability to memorize books and good social skills.You are screwed like half the rest of the world who didn't protest mask mandates and instead kept quiet to be politically correct.They just take the mask quickly below their chin when no ones looking inorder to breath. My solution is to put lots of holes in the mask so that more oxygen can come in

• ?

non-allergic rhinitis, allergy induced, asthma, chronic bronchitis, 27% decrease in capacity during the service, the list goes on. Yes, masks can suck but they do not interfere with being able to breath unless I'm exercising and such. But they may not be the mask either.  The vast majorette of those with difficulty breathing while wearing a mask is from the anxiety they can trigger, especially to people who already have anxiety issues.

• Marty

I find it difficult and extremely uncomfortable to wear one and I'm totally healthy.  I won't be forced to wear a mask nor will I be guilted about others health. If someone is so paranoid about this nonsense then I have no problem with them wearing one but if their mask won't protect them from someone who isn't wearing one then I don't see the sense in anybody wearing them to begin with.