Anonymous

Why cant an unmarried woman get disability?

Women are useless without a husband.  Im essentially handicapped.  I shouldbe on disability

A guy who lives 800 miles away and no commitment?   Hes catfishing you, moron

Im only capable of housewife duties..  Which I cant support myself on

Being single is not a disability. I am single, but my disability is unrelated.

You could always go platonic.

• J

I’m a single woman and I get along just fine with no man. I only need men for one thing, and that doesn’t require keeping them around for more than a couple hours at a time. I’m perfectly capable of taking care of myself. I don’t depend on a man or anyone else for my happiness or survival. If you’re useless without a husband, then you’d be just as useless with a husband. Getting married doesn’t magically fix your problems or make you a happy person. No man wants to marry a woman that’s so needy and depends on him for everything. Men want an equal partner that will contribute something to the marriage. You need to learn to take care of yourself. Nobody owes you that. Not a man or the government. Woman up and stop pretending that all women are weak and helpless. 

• Total and complete nonsense. I am 66 years old and never had a husband or wanted one. I do have a man who has loved me for 23 years. But he lives 800 miles away. If you are useless, it is by your choice.

No, I am not being catfished. After 23 years do you really think that is possible?Until the pandemic I saw him at least once a month, I call him and he calls me several times a day, I have access to his life and he mine that only people who completely trust each other do. Until he retired I called him at work whenever I needed to. We travel together.  He is the standby guardian of my son. He is one of the most committed men I know. Marriage and a piece of paper do not make you committed. You are the moron for thinking your life is disabled by the absence of a man. You are disabled by your mind.  

I am an unmarried woman and while I would marry if the right man came along, I do not consider being single a handicap. Please get therapy.