should i drive a car?

i don't drive because I don't know. what are the benefits of owning a car. 

Mental teleportation is better.

When I go grocery shopping, due to sales, I may hit five different chains in five different locations. What gets bought at store 1 stays in the car until I am finished with store 5, and go home.

There's absolutely NO way to do that with public transport or Uber/cabs.

When long trips become possible again, I can take as much stuff in the car with me as I want. I can buy things along the way at stops of my choosing and store them in my car, as well. None of that can be done when on a train/bus/plane.

Sometimes the benefits are based on your location.

If you have great public transportation, then owning your own vehicle may not be that important to you.

Personally, I NEVER want to wait for a cab or uber to arrive.  I never want to worry about missing a bus or needing to walk a few blocks in the rain because the bus doesn't actually stop at the location I need to go.  I don't want my commute time to include waiting on public transportation.  Besides, in my area, there is NOT a good public transportation system and the choices are to either own a vehicle or constantly ask family and friends for a ride.

Main benefit - you are in complete control of how you get to the locations you need to go.  You don't need to worry about bus schedules or waiting on other public transportation.  All you need to worry about is finding a parking spot once you arrive.